Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sixth Month Check-up

We went to the doctor this morning for Aaron's check up and the only day that I really have to go out for something - it pours. But it's okay... we made it and it was much needed rain - so I'm not complaining, just highlighting the irony.

He was all dressed up and ready to go - early today, if you can believe it. He was sporting a nice onesie from Aunt Jenny and his new blue jean shorts.Our boy got a bill of good health. He is eighteen pounds and three ounces (which places him in the seventy-fifth percentile) and twenty-eight and a half inches long (which marks the ninety-sixth percentile). All that really means is that he is eating and growing well and is proportional, oh and that he is significantly bigger than almost all of the kiddos his age. The doctor warned me of what is to come with having a child that tall... "why can't your son sit up yet? crawl? walk? why doesn't he talk?" Then I'll just have to politely remind them that he is a lot younger than they think.

It is Alan's third day in the mountains. He and three firefighter buddies are on a week long four-wheeling trip to the San Juan Mountains in Colorado. Their home base is just south of Lake City - one of my all time favorite places. I spoke to him not long ago and he said the weather is perfect and the wildflowers are blooming more brightly than he has ever seen. (sigh) I do wish I was with him... but that would not be practical. Believe me - if it were possible, legal, and responsible to retrofit Aaron's car seat to the back of a four-wheeler, we would be there.

I have another couple of eating pictures and a video for you. He made me laugh today when it seemed he would rather eat his foot than the banana goup I prepared for him.

I was working on this bananas and looked over to see him reaching for his foot. He tried for a few seconds and finally got a hold of it...
This is one of his serious faces...

Feet for dessert now - notice the wrinkles on the bridge of his nose...

Here is a video of the before and after munching. This happens quite often, but today it was much more intense so I thought I would record it.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I thought he wasn't allowed to suck his fingers... but feet are out? Hes pretty flexible and not to mention pretty cute. I think he misses his Aunt Jenny.

Jenny said...

ps - thats suppose to say "feet are okay." i don't know how i wrote 'out' instead ...:)