Sleeping habits - he generally goes to bed around 10:30pm and wakes up at 7am. A couple of times a week he requires a middle of the night feeding. Then he takes about four naps a day ranging from 45 minutes to an hour and a half. He sleeps soundly and goes to sleep on his own in about five to ten minutes. This is a picture of him hiding his face as I tried to wake him up from a nap.
New activities - he seems to enjoy his play gym a little more these days. He studies the hanging animals quite intently and then strikes them with all he's got... then gets tired. Yesterday was the first time I read him a story and he went back and forth looking at the pictures and back to me. He seemed to enjoy it and we tried again today and it was another big success. Talking - he has increased his vocabulary in the language he is currently speaking. He makes several new noises and will sometimes copy the noises we make to him. He loves doing motorboat noises and blowing spit and milk all over, he thinks that is just great. (This is the first time I've tried a video, so please excuse me if it doesn't work quite like I planned...)
Fat Bottom Lip - this gets a category all of its own. My mother says he gets that from me. If he sleeps a little beyond his eating time, fat bottom lip. If he gets scared of one of Alan's voices, fat bottom lip. If I start talking on the phone and turn my attention from him, yep, out pops the lip. If the lip comes out, that generally means we have about 20 seconds to appease him, or all heck will break loose. By that I mean about 15 seconds of crying, until he realizes he has forgotten what it was he was upset about to begin with. The following is a video - it is quite long, so you may want to skip around, but it shows him waking up after a normal meal time and his daddy taking advantage of his unstable and highly talkative state.
Photos - here are a few pictures that did not fit with my above topics...

Here he is attempting the Bumbo seat for the first time. He sat up on his own for about three minutes looking around and bobbing his head around...



1 comment:
I love that video with his big pouty lip!! So cute :) We are excited to come see him again (and you guys too :))
Post a Comment