Saturday, December 8, 2007

30 Weeks and Baby Showers

Today I had my first baby shower. It was fantastic. My good friend Mandi was an amazing hostess and took care of many little details that made it so special. He got everything from clothes, to fire trucks, to hiking boots and handmade blankets. We were blessed with many wonderful gifts and are able to start stocking the nursery… it is getting ever more real now!

Two Thursdays ago I had my 29 week appointment. She measured my belly from top to bottom and it was 30 inches. The measurement is relative, I guess and I don’t really know what that means, but her comment was, “Well, that’s right up there.” So I guess, for a slightly large baby, that’s normal. We talked about a few things and that was all.

My next appointment is the afternoon of this Wednesday, December 12. I will be 31 weeks pregnant this Tuesday. The baby moves nonstop now, my students find it quite entertaining to watch him move while I am trying to talk to them. I also have a very distinct “outie” and have just recently decided to embrace it, for it is clear that it may only get worse.

I have another baby shower this coming weekend and I am excited that both of my grandmothers will be in town for it, as well as my Aunt Donna from Atlanta. It will be great for them to share in this experience with me.

I will keep you posted on this week’s events and I also hope to have a new picture up at the end of the week.

No comments: